Tagged with: cleaning, cooking, death, family, Thanksgiving
I’m still finding tons of stuff to clean up around the house. I’m finally almost done throwing away my old dresser that fell apart once piece at a time each week into the trash barrel – there’s just one side and the paperboard back left – and then I can start breaking down the tons of cardboard boxes I keep unearthing and throwing them away. I wish I could just throw them all out at once, but we only get one trash barrel so it’s not possible.
I keep finding technology-related stuff too. External DVD drives, multiple hard drives too small to be of much use in the current world (I’ve found like 6 of them), a hard drive enclosure that needs a power cord… And there’s a printer new in box that I think mom bought when she had Windows 8 that was incompatible with the computer then. I need to find cables for the hard drive enclosure and see if it and the drive currently inside it works, and if not, drop it off at the elections recycling place. The same goes for the external DVD drives – I will likely test those on my mom’s computer tonight.
Today my mom brought up if I wanted half ownership of the house and property when she dies. I said yes. I don’t want to stay here unless I built a place in the back, and honestly I would still rather sell my half and find a spot of land somewhere a bit closer to town… But either way, hopefully that’s not for a long time. A really, really long time.
For Thanksgiving, I did the shopping today, and picked up a 14-pound turkey for $9. I also bought stuff to make a blackberry cheesecake Wednesday night, and I’ll make the rolls from scratch the day of. Mom still wants to get a ham, but its just going to be me and her, and we don’t need all the food… Lol. Or maybe we do. I dunno.
Tagged with: cleaning, donations, purging, thrift, trash
- 3 monitors
- 1 scanner
- 2 printers
- 1 computer
- 1 microwave
- assorted computer peripherals
- 1 digital picture frame
All dropped off to the e-waste recycling center
Friday night I cleared off the bookshelf next to the computer and put it outside.
- 2 kitchen trash bags filled with trash
- 19 plastic water bottles picked up from the floors
- 100 VHS and Betamax tapes sorted into 3 piles-
1. Home movies for mom to decide what to do with
2. Store-bought movies to donate
3. Recorded off TV movies to throw away
- 1 of the storage units is damaged and will go in the trash
- 2 of the storage units will be donated along with the movies
- 4 shopping totes full of books and magazines in good shape to be donated
- 1 shopping bag of clothing to be donated
Things to consider-
- Donating the box of yarn in my car?
- Donating the ukulele stands in my car?
- Selling my mountain dulcimer… I never play it and I’m just not in love with her.