You guys! I love meat. But I decided to save a few dollars and try out a vegetarian chili. It was super easy and aside from having to open a lot of cans, really quick to toss in the pot.
You need :
- 1 16oz can each of black beans, Pinto beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and corn
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 large red onion
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 packets chili seasoning if your choice or make your own blend
- 2 generous teaspoons of dried oregano
- 2 heaping teaspoons minced garlic (or more – is there such a thing as too much garlic?)
- Dice or run the peppers and onion through your foods processor.
- Dump everything into a large pot and stir to combine.
- Let simmer until heated thru and flavors have begun to combine.
- Spoon into bowls or over Fritos and top with cheddar cheese if desired.
And holy crap! This chili is good and so filling!
- 3 cups self-rising flour -or-
1 ¼th teaspoons baking power & 1/8th teaspoon salt to each cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4th cup sugar
- 12 oz. beer
- Preheat oven to 350*. Mix all ingredients until well combined. Pour into greased pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 35 minutes.
Makes 8 servings of 1 slice each. Each slice has 200 calories, 0.5 grams of fat, 0 grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein, and 40 grams of carbs.
From Nosh My Way
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 10 oz. package frozen spinach, thawed, and drained
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef, spinach, Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and 1/8 cup of the breadcrumbs. Use your hands to mix it all together
- Place remaining breadcrumbs in a bowl. Shape meatballs using a cookie scoop or your hands, and roll each one in breadcrumbs. Place on a slightly coated cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through and nicely browned on the outside.
If made with turkey and divided into four servings of 3 meatballs, each serving has 254 calories, 12.7 g of fat, 2.3 g of fiber, 30.1 g of protein, and 7 g of carbs.