I had therapy yesterday, which was tough, but it brought some facts to light I had never really considered before. I love therapy because even if it brings up painful things sometimes, it helps me look at myself and my actions objectively and since I’m really into facts over feelings, it honestly makes me feel better about myself, and I love that. ❤️💛💚💙💜
Today I woke up and I was freezing. It’s not Halloween yet. It shouldn’t be this cold, I thought. And the temp wasn’t that cold – mid-50’s, but there is a cold, hard blowing wind. And my window is open. And the fan was on. I turned the fan off but I’m not quite ready to close the window yet. I’ll live with being chilly a little longer.
I cleaned up after the puppies, let them out to play, and made myself something to eat. I had a nice snuggle with Yuba, who was happy to hog all my blankets and not share them. Then I got a black felt tip pen, a new 18g needle, and went into my bathroom.
Ten minutes later, I had a 3rd hole in each earlobe, though I had to do the left side twice because the first one was too low. There was a lot of blood – it was running down my face and neck – but it stopped pretty quickly. Still, its really hard to hold onto a fiddly earring back and try to push it into place when your fingers and earlobe are slippery with a ridiculous amount of blood from such a tiny pair of holes.
I have a few new pieces of body jewelry coming in the next few days, and one of them is a super cute nose screw, so that’s what I be piercing next. I’m going to order a pair of bucket forceps and try to do my traguses myself too.
A week or so ago, I got my earlobes pierced with a second hole. No big deal, right? Well, because I didn’t know any better, I let her use these little disposable cartridge things, basically a replacement for the piercing gun. They were fine for about two days, and then they swelled up a lot and hurt like hell. No heat so no infection but I ended up popping off the way too tight earring backs and replacing them with smaller, soft plastic backs (put on looser) to allow more space for the swelling.
Almost immediately, the swelling started going down and 2 days later, only the right one is a little swollen still. They’re almost back to being pain free again.
I’ve been super happy with my other piercings from this piercer though so I will go back to her, but I’ll be sure to request she does not use the cartridge on any future piercings. I didn’t know any better, and I’m calling this a lesson learned.
I had photos up but I need better pics of most of them and it’s easier to just write a descriptive list.
- Kanji for “ki” on left ankle (Tinman Johnny @ Gypsy’s Tattoo)
- Dragon on back of right shoulder (Mike @ Psycho City)
- Fairy on smoking mushroom on right leg
- Corset laces down my spine (Matt “Dr Claw” @ Psycho City)
- “Engel” with horns and a tail on back of neck (Pokerz Tattoo)
- Skulls, stars, and butterflies chest piece (Matt “Dr Claw” @ Psycho City)
- “worthy” across top of left foot (Bob Ackerman @ Psycho City)
- Dapper fish gentleman on right thigh (Charlie G @ Your Favorite Tattoo)
- Lobe piercings #1 20g (done as a baby)
- Nipples 10g (Stephanie @ Hottie Body)
- Industrial 14g (Stephanie @ Hottie Body)
- Helix 16g (Stephanie @ Hottie Body)
- Septum 12g (Stephanie @ Hottie Body)
- Left & right nostrils 16g (self)
- Vertical labret 16g (Stephanie @ Hottie Body)
- 2nd lobe holes 12g (Stephanie @ Hottie Body)
- 3rd lobe holes 16g (self)
- 2nd Helix 16g (self)
- VCH 14g (Stephanie @ Hottie Body)
- Triangle 8g (Stephanie @ Hottie Body)
Surface piercing (stomach) 14g (rejected) (Stephanie @ Hottie Body)
- Twin outer labial piercings 10g (TJ @ Your Favorite Tattoo)