Last Thursday I got up at 430am to get ready to drive the kittens all the way to Pacoima to meet up with the SPAY4LA mobile spay and neuter clinic.
I arrived at 630am and the truck arrived at about 730am. I got the kittens checked in and went to grab breakfast.
Fast forward five hours and they finally said my babies were ready for pickup.
Purl yowled his displeasure most of the way home, but we all made it back. When I released them, they were pretty woozy still and Purl and Tuxi had lost all inhibition. Tot…. Tot refused any attention from me until Monday morning.
Tuxi isn’t pictured because she won’t allow herself to be photographed.
I’m super glad I got this done, and everyone seems to be doing great. I won’t have to worry about having more kittens and the furballs can grow up happy and healthy and stress free.
Purl did completely destroy my pothos plant after the anesthesia wore off… This is the second pothos he’s destroyed. Some of the stems were mostly intact so I’m trying to root them so I can replant them.
So you guys have seen pics of Yuba I think, but did you know we still have his brother Tejon? We do. The boys are 6 months old now.
So much has happened in the last week with them and most of it isn’t good. About 15 days ago, Halo, the toy poodle, and Tejon found a hole in the fence and went on walkabout in the desert. We didn’t know until Tejon was crying at the gate and we found Halo down the street. Didn’t think much of it since they seemed unscathed.
Last weekend, Halo got sick. Took him to the vet and surprise! He has parvo despite having had all his shots. A few days later and Tejon has it too. I spent the next few days giving subcutaneous fluids to them both plus meds twice a day. They’ve still got a few days of meds to go.
Yuba hasn’t shown any signs of illness and his vaccines were from a different source – if he’s not ill by next weekend, his vaccines will have done their job.
Anyway, why I’m fucking angry. Mom’s boyfriend decides that while Tejon is sick, and even though he had never been alone before, to lock him up out back. He screamed for 3 days and broke most of his nails and skinned his nose up trying to get out.
He was terrified and alone and so desperate and I cried because he was so scared.
Anyway, mom’s bf relented and let him back inside. I asked if they still expect to sell him or if I can just find him a home. Apparently I can just find him a home.
I can’t do anything for 6 weeks because he will still be contagious but I think I found a place to get him neutered for free but I won’t know until I can get in touch with the people doing it. Otherwise neutering and microchip will be about $300. And hopefully Mattie will decide he can take him in. I’ll find out tomorrow. Mattie was an asshole to me but he does love his dogs.
I wish I could keep him but I can’t afford both of them for a lot longer and he needs a real home. If Mattie can’t take him, I’ll be looking elsewhere but I know his forevermore is out there.