Tagged with: beauty, Ipsy, make-up, subscription boxes
Another great Ipsy Glambag this month! I love the bag- that adorable little bat charm on the zipper pull is great and I love the lacey look they gave the bag.
What was in the bag?
- Urban Decay eyeliner
- tarte Lights Camera Lashes mascara
- Dermelect nail polish in Verdant (?)
- Marc Anthony True Professional Hydrating Coconut Oil & Shea Butter hair treatment
- Luna by Luna lip crayon in Elara
The only thing I don’t love is the lip crayon, and that’s only because while it looks fine on me, its not my usual color choice. I prefer bolder shades most of the time. The eyeliner is like a dream come true- soft, smooth, and it stays put! Definitely the best eyeliner I’ve ever tried. The nail polish is a great deep green, which will be great for this fall, and even though I’ve gotten a mascara in every bag so far, its the one cosmetic I wear most often so I’m not complaining.
Tagged with: Book of the Month, books, coloring, reading, subscription boxes
Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance, plus bonus mini coloring book and colored pencils. I’m excited to start reading this one!
In this warm debut novel, Ruth Emmie Lang teaches us about adventure and love in a beautifully written story full of nature and wonder. Orphaned, raised by wolves, and the proud owner of a horned pig named Merlin, Weylyn Grey knew he wasn’t like other people. But when he single-handedly stopped that tornado on a stormy Christmas day in Oklahoma, he realized just how different he actually was.
Tagged with: Book of the Month, books, subscription boxes
I just realized today, some weeks after I received this box, that I never posted about it, so here we go!
Little Fires Everywhere was my selection for the month. Little & Lion, and The Blind Assassin were add-ons. So far I’ve read all but The Blind Assassin, and I’ve been pretty pleased with the curation. I’m hoping to read the last one in the next few days, and I strongly suspect I will be pleased with it.
There also sent me a tote bag (not pictured) that seems to be pretty sturdy and usable. I’m really enjoying this first box a lot, and I’m looking forward to the second box arriving in the next week or so.
Tagged with: beauty, subscription boxes, TOMbox
Yesterday I received my second TOM Box and it will be my last. They sent me the same candy as last time (just a different flavor), another cheap bracelet, a lip gloss of the same brand and very similar color as last month, and two other products I might use- an eyeliner and a lip product.
I just don’t see the point of continuing to pay for this mediocre box of stuff I’m really not into so I’ve requested cancelation and this will be the end of it.
Tagged with: beauty, Ipsy, make-up, nail polish, subscription boxes
Another super cute bag this month with everything on the scale of awesome. I am loving this subscription so much.
The bag itself is nice- understated plain black with little square faux-spikes all over. A bold gold zipper and a faux-leather fringe on the zipper pull.
Inside the bag:
Here’s what was inside:
- Birch Juice Hydro Sleeping Pack
- Medium Angled Shading Brush
- Pixi Beauty Blush Duo in Peach Honey
- Adesse New York Nail Laquer in Deception
- Colourpop Lippie Stix in Glam Bag Matte X
The nail color is a great medium grey with a faint green undertone. The Lippie Stix is the perfect shade of pink. I suspect the blush will give my face a sun-kissed warmth, and I’ll try the Hydro Sleeping Pack this evening.
Definitely a win all the way across!
Tagged with: beauty, EarFleek, earrings, subscription boxes
First, let me say I had reservations about this subscription before deciding to sign up. For less than $4 a month, they send you a pair of nickel-free earrings based on a style profile of your choosing. Obviously I’m skeptical because super cheap and cute earrings that my super sensitive speshul snoflake ears can actually wear? It honestly seems too good to be true but I finally decided to give it a try. I’d know within a few hours of wearing them if they were indeed nickel-free and the buy-in is so low, why not?
Anyway, today this came in the mail.
A pretty unassuming envelope with no secret who its from. Okay, let’s open it up.
There’s a card announcing that I just received stylish, new earrings, a temporary tattoo (which I applied to my thigh a few minutes later), and the little ziplock baggie with the actual earrings.
The earrings are pretty cute, albeit super simple. I posted the photos to Instagram and said they looked like little Superman shields, but my friend Liz pointed out they’re actually diamonds. Yes, I got rose-gold colored, diamond earrings for under $4. Score? Score!
I’m pretty happy with this pair, so I’ll continue the subscription for a while.
Tagged with: beauty, Birchbox, make-up, subscription boxes, worthy
Yesterday I received my first Birchbox…. and then today I received another one. I’m not sure why I got two, but the second box is a lot better than the first one.
- 2 Ursa Major Super Natural facial wipes
- 1 tube Marcelle CITY Tinted Cream SPF 25
- 1 Oribe Dry Texturing Spray
- N4 Super Comb Prep and Protect
- 2 Stilla Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Patina, and Perla (one of these was a bonus item)
I tried one of the Ursa Major facial wipes and its like a bad-smelling wet-nap you’d get at a restaurant. Not impressed and my face doesn’t feel any better, but it does smell funky.
The Stilla liquid lipsticks go on nicely, but I’m not crazy about the colors. They’re both the nude matte colors that are so in right now, but they’re just not colors I actually use.
So that sums up box #1…. and then today a second box came from Birchbox. Why they sent me two boxes I don’t know, but here’s Box #2.
Box #2 contains the following:
- Beauty Protector Protect & Oil
- Lollia by Margot Elena In Love perfume sample
- MAC Cosmetics In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash Mascara
- Marcelle New age 8 in 1 Power Serum
- Pixi by Petra LipLift Max in Honey Sheen
The perfume smells pretty nice. I’m really picky about my scents, but I like this one. I’m wearing it now and I might even buy the full-sized one if its long-lasting.
The lip product is a bit closer to a shade I will actually wear, and I use tons of mascara, so those are okay. The hair oil I’ll try the next time I wash it, but it looks like something I can actually use.
So there’s my first Birchbox reviews!
Tagged with: subscription boxes, time of month, TOMbox
Included in this box was a facial mask, cherry flavored circus sticks, copper bangle, Hikari blush, and Palladio lip gloss.
I’m honestly not sure I’m sold on this one. Its okay. The bracelet is nice enough, and the make-up is okay, but not my favorite type of candy and we’ll see how the mask is. I tried both the lip gloss and the blush, and honestly, the lip gloss is almost the exact color of my actual lips so it just makes them shiny, and the so-called blusher might better be used as a light bronzer for really pale people. I applied some rather liberally and couldn’t really see it and I’m pretty fair-skinned.
We’ll see how next month’s box is, but I will probably cancel this one. I did opt out of getting actual hygiene products because I don’t use a lot of them and didn’t see the point of paying for way more than I can actually use in a short amount of time.
Tagged with: beauty, Ipsy, make-up, subscription boxes
I recently subscribed to Ipsy’s Glam Bag service and today I received my second Glam Bag. The first one I received, I wasn’t completely thrilled, but I figured I would give it a few months and see if it improved. I was not disappointed this time.
First off, the bag itself is super cute!
And the contents are pretty great. I like that it caters your bag contents to your skin tone, eye, and hair color. That means you’re probably mostly going to get things you can actually use. Here’s what came in this month’s bag.
There’s an organic coconut milk-based facial lotion that smells incredible and its so light and easy to work into your skin. I’m going to use it everyday and see how my skin likes it, and if its a yes, then I can see myself ordering a full sized tube on this good stuff.
The Balm Voyage mini eyeshadow is super cute and a great neutral base color.
The mascara is very welcome because even though I got a mascara last month, my main tube (I’ve been a Mary Kay girl for ages) is about gone so now I have new options. Great since I’ve started wearing make-up again in the regular.
I haven’t tried the concealer yet, but I imagine it will come in useful. Same goes for the large make-up brush. I got a smaller angled brush in last month’s bag.
Tagged with: about, bipolar disorder, dogs, mental health, subscription boxes
Here’s some things you should know. I’m a crafter. I sew, knit, crochet, make jewelry, work with resin and polymer clay, and I do the occasional cross stitch design. I also make and sell seed bead patterns for making brick stitch earrings. You can find over 200 handmade, unique, and many one of a kind makes at the link above. I also used to do graphic design (Its what I went to school for) but I’ve chosen to close my door on that and move on.
Okay, ignore all that. What you need to know:
- I struggle with mental illness. I’m Bipolar, plus a hefty dose of its accompanying depression. I’m fully med-compliant, and I’m also in therapy. My therapist is amazing. I’ve only been seeing her a few months but I’m already seeing changes for the better in myself.
- I have a betta fish named Bill, a Nerite snail named Henry, a German Shepherd x Belgian Malinois pup named Yuba, and a sort of mine cat named Mildred. I live with my mom and her boyfriend, following the end of my previous almost 8 year relationship.
- I enjoy all sorts of crafts, but especial yarncraft and jewelry. I sell some of my things I’ve made on my other site, Kittyloaf Designs.
- I’m currently rediscovering who I really am. This has manifested in ways such as getting a lazyhawk, really delving into self-care, getting the body mods I’ve wanted for years, making new friends, and exploring kink. It means along with therapy, I feel like I’m finally blooming into the amazing woman I’m supposed to be.
- I’m fat. I’m not saying that in a body-shaming way. Its merely an adjective that fits my large body. I’m working with my therapist to get into the right headspace to hopefully want to lose weight (again) and get fit and healthy.
- I love comments. Seriously. You don’t need to sign up, and you could even use a fake email if you wanted. Just say something. 🙂
- I’ve recently jumped into subscription boxes. I’m trying to give each one 2 months to get a decent feel for it and decide whether to keep or cancel then. Here’s what I’m currently subscribed to:
- EarFleek – one pair nickel-free earrings each month based on a style profile you choose $4
- Lip Monthly – 4 – 5 full-sized lip products $5 (? I can’t remember how much this one is)
- Ipsy – 5 beauty samples curated to work with your skin tone/hair/eye color $10
- Book of the Month – one book you can pick from a curated list each month $15 (+$10 for each additional book)
- Dollar Shave Club – Great razors delivered monthly at a nice low price.
- BirchBox – 5 beauty samples $10
- TOM Box – candy, jewelry, makeup, with out without feminine products. $8+
*Links are referral links; I receive compensation for them.