Tagged with: subscription boxes, time of month, TOMbox
Included in this box was a facial mask, cherry flavored circus sticks, copper bangle, Hikari blush, and Palladio lip gloss.
I’m honestly not sure I’m sold on this one. Its okay. The bracelet is nice enough, and the make-up is okay, but not my favorite type of candy and we’ll see how the mask is. I tried both the lip gloss and the blush, and honestly, the lip gloss is almost the exact color of my actual lips so it just makes them shiny, and the so-called blusher might better be used as a light bronzer for really pale people. I applied some rather liberally and couldn’t really see it and I’m pretty fair-skinned.
We’ll see how next month’s box is, but I will probably cancel this one. I did opt out of getting actual hygiene products because I don’t use a lot of them and didn’t see the point of paying for way more than I can actually use in a short amount of time.
Tagged with: beauty, Ipsy, make-up, subscription boxes
I recently subscribed to Ipsy’s Glam Bag service and today I received my second Glam Bag. The first one I received, I wasn’t completely thrilled, but I figured I would give it a few months and see if it improved. I was not disappointed this time.
First off, the bag itself is super cute!
And the contents are pretty great. I like that it caters your bag contents to your skin tone, eye, and hair color. That means you’re probably mostly going to get things you can actually use. Here’s what came in this month’s bag.
There’s an organic coconut milk-based facial lotion that smells incredible and its so light and easy to work into your skin. I’m going to use it everyday and see how my skin likes it, and if its a yes, then I can see myself ordering a full sized tube on this good stuff.
The Balm Voyage mini eyeshadow is super cute and a great neutral base color.
The mascara is very welcome because even though I got a mascara last month, my main tube (I’ve been a Mary Kay girl for ages) is about gone so now I have new options. Great since I’ve started wearing make-up again in the regular.
I haven’t tried the concealer yet, but I imagine it will come in useful. Same goes for the large make-up brush. I got a smaller angled brush in last month’s bag.
Tagged with: about, bipolar disorder, dogs, mental health, subscription boxes
Here’s some things you should know. I’m a crafter. I sew, knit, crochet, make jewelry, work with resin and polymer clay, and I do the occasional cross stitch design. I also make and sell seed bead patterns for making brick stitch earrings. You can find over 200 handmade, unique, and many one of a kind makes at the link above. I also used to do graphic design (Its what I went to school for) but I’ve chosen to close my door on that and move on.
Okay, ignore all that. What you need to know:
- I struggle with mental illness. I’m Bipolar, plus a hefty dose of its accompanying depression. I’m fully med-compliant, and I’m also in therapy. My therapist is amazing. I’ve only been seeing her a few months but I’m already seeing changes for the better in myself.
- I have a betta fish named Bill, a Nerite snail named Henry, a German Shepherd x Belgian Malinois pup named Yuba, and a sort of mine cat named Mildred. I live with my mom and her boyfriend, following the end of my previous almost 8 year relationship.
- I enjoy all sorts of crafts, but especial yarncraft and jewelry. I sell some of my things I’ve made on my other site, Kittyloaf Designs.
- I’m currently rediscovering who I really am. This has manifested in ways such as getting a lazyhawk, really delving into self-care, getting the body mods I’ve wanted for years, making new friends, and exploring kink. It means along with therapy, I feel like I’m finally blooming into the amazing woman I’m supposed to be.
- I’m fat. I’m not saying that in a body-shaming way. Its merely an adjective that fits my large body. I’m working with my therapist to get into the right headspace to hopefully want to lose weight (again) and get fit and healthy.
- I love comments. Seriously. You don’t need to sign up, and you could even use a fake email if you wanted. Just say something. 🙂
- I’ve recently jumped into subscription boxes. I’m trying to give each one 2 months to get a decent feel for it and decide whether to keep or cancel then. Here’s what I’m currently subscribed to:
- EarFleek – one pair nickel-free earrings each month based on a style profile you choose $4
- Ipsy – 5 beauty samples curated to work with your skin tone/hair/eye color $10
- Book of the Month – one book you can pick from a curated list each month $15 (+$10 for each additional book)
- Dollar Shave Club – Great razors delivered monthly at a nice low price.
- BirchBox – 5 beauty samples $10
- TOM Box – candy, jewelry, makeup, with out without feminine products. $8+
- Lip Monthly – 4 to 5 full size lip products. $15
*Links are referral links; I receive compensation for them.