The Trip Home

I had to fly home this morning and to say I was freaking out was an understatement. I had a mild panic attack at 6am in the airport, but made myself walk around and try to be touristy until I calmed down.

We left really early and got me there at about a quarter til 6 and I got checked in, paid to check my bag, and started walking towards my gate. TSA passed me through and I got to skip most of the security crap (yay) and i realized my gate was the one at the very furthest end of the airport. I finally got there, realized I had about an hour until boarding, so I walked back down to a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf to get a bread roll with spinach and cheese to hopefully settle my stomach.

I little while later I was on the place and had a window seat. There was no one in the middle and someone on the aisle seat. The plane had a lot of ups and downs and I was feeling really queasy. I finally had to go to the bathroom and go potty. Of course to do that I had to wake up the man who had the aisle seat so I felt kind bad.


We arrived at San Francisco about fifteen minutes early and I was hungry but was still hoping for something bland in case my next flight made me sick too. I found a little deli place and got a toasted bagel with cream cheese. It was the most expensive bagel I’ve even eaten along with my $3 bottle of water from the Seattle airport I still had most of. The bagel taste good though and then it was almost time to board.

This time they were boarding multiple planes form one gate and I had to walk down to the tarmac, across quite a ways, and then up a scaffolding kind of thing to my plane. This plane was much smaller with only 50 seats and the ride was bumpy. Really bumpy. But there was hardly any up down crap and I didn’t feel sick at all. There was a young puppy on the flight in the hold and she barked and cried the entire way.

We got into Burbank a few minutes late and then I had to wait about ten minutes for my bags to come through. I had tied some hot pink yarn onto my bag to make it easy to identify since I figured there had to be a dozen plain black duffle bags on any given flight.

I got my bag and stepped outside to look for Mattie. I started walking along the front of the airport and finally saw his car. He pulled forward and we were off. We stopped at Arby’s for lunch and after we got home I slept for 5 hours on the couch while Sashi alternately snuggled me and licked my face and ears.

I am sad to leave Nikki but I’m so glad to be home again and see Mattie and my puppies. Sashi was fascinated by my blanket I made because Doofers had been sleeping under it all week so it smells like him.

I had a great trip though and would be glad to do it again!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *