I’ve spent most of today working on my craft room, finishing the cleaning, tidying, and general shifting of stuff around. I got a lot done today though back there.
- I had a lovely gentleman pick up a trash bag full of scraps for his quilter husband. I may have a few more for him later on. For some reason he told me where he works, so when I finish my quilt blocks I can probably swing by there and drop it off to him.
- I moved things that were in my fabric drawers and small shoe drawers into the drawers the scraps were in. Apparently I have literally around a hundred zippers.
- I sorted all my beads, culling a big pile to be donated and emptying out 2 5″ x 8″ containers. I might actually be able to empty out a third if I move a few things around a bit.
- I found a finished pot holder, plus one that just needs bias tape sewn on it so I’m going to try to finish that tomorrow.
- I found a hat I knitted a few years ago that I thought was stolen at a craft fair.
- I collected another 3 shopping bags worth of stuff, bringing me up to 13 bags donated from my craft room.
- I sorted all my fabrics, adding a few to donation bags, and put all the rest away, which enabled me to put the big grey tote out on the patio, empty.
In doing all this, I freed up 6 shoe-storage drawers, 2 bead containers, and 1 large grey shipping tote.
I still need to vacuum but tomorrow I am going to try to get some sewing done. I have that pot holder, 8 more quilt squares, and a skirt I started a few months ago that needs finishing. All easy projects, I just need to actually get started.