You guys! I love meat. But I decided to save a few dollars and try out a vegetarian chili. It was super easy and aside from having to open a lot of cans, really quick to toss in the pot.
You need :
- 1 16oz can each of black beans, Pinto beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and corn
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 large red onion
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 packets chili seasoning if your choice or make your own blend
- 2 generous teaspoons of dried oregano
- 2 heaping teaspoons minced garlic (or more – is there such a thing as too much garlic?)
- Dice or run the peppers and onion through your foods processor.
- Dump everything into a large pot and stir to combine.
- Let simmer until heated thru and flavors have begun to combine.
- Spoon into bowls or over Fritos and top with cheddar cheese if desired.
And holy crap! This chili is good and so filling!